While most experts will advise that a rigorous workout followed by a strict diet can help you lose chunks of fat, not many people have the time to follow the same. Traffic and long office hours make it impossible for people to work out at the gym on a regular basis. The need of the hour is some effective exercises or activities that could possibly fit in your busy routine itself, especially during those phases when you have missed gym for weeks.
Keeping the constraints of time, distance and lifestyle in mind, here are a few effective exercise tips that easily fit in your routine.
Exercise Tips for Men
- If you find it too lazy to wake up early and go for a full jogging session, try waking up only 15 minutes before your normal waking hours. Power jogs of 15 minutes in the morning or after coming back from work are highly effective.
- “At work, use staircase instead of lifts. The more floors you climb, the better for you,” writes RJSKOCCHAR in his the article “Office Health and Fitness Regime – Burn Calories While in the Office” on the Health n Fitness Care website.
- In another article entitled “Tips for Top 10 Effective Office Exercises” by the same writer, he writes, “In case your workstation is on the first or second floor, avoid using internal phone facilities. Instead, take the stairs and meet your colleagues in person. This helps you socialize, connect and also a good way to keep those calories burning.”
- If you have a sedentary job, stand up after every one hour and stretch your body. Follow this by bending your upper body and then stretching your hands till they touch your toes. A set of five on an interval of every one hour is effective.
- Men should try washing their cars every weekend and we mean a full washing session – cleaning, polishing etc. It’s a great stress buster and also good for your abs.
- If you have kids, join them in their games and other activities.
Exercise Tips for Women
- Household work will not only help you burn calories, but also tone your abs. So, sweeping, cleaning, and gardening are actually fun ways to lose weight for women.
- Window shopping – “Shopping can burn some extra calories”, write Alan Titchenal and Joannie Dobbs in an article on the Nutrition ATC website. It’s amazing how one hour of window shopping can help you burn calories. It is a treat for your eyes, mind and body!
- With most housewives, the beginning of the day is very hectic with activities like sending kids to school etc. Here’s good news! Experts actually say that afternoon is the best time for workout because your body is light. So join that special 50% discount afternoon membership and get your dose of fat loss exercises just before lunch time.
- For working women, those frequent face washes and touch-ups in the ladies room can be utilized by climbing up to a washroom on the floor which is above or below your workstation.
Even though these tips might help you stay a little fit, the benefits of complete workout session are far better. However, till you manage to get some time to visit the gymnasium, do keep following these effective exercises tips that will keep you “fit” without hampering your busy routine!