Steak & Blue Cheese Onion & Yogurt Pizza Recipe
A new twist to the regular steak and blue cheese pizza, the yogurt is what makes it special. It may not be available at regular pizza outlets, but can be found at experimental pizzerias, or places where there is an option of personalizing the pizza with toppings. Nevertheless, one can definitely make this one at home, quite easily, either in a regular oven, or even in a microwave. Refer to Californo for quality oven options.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
For the dough:
- 825 grams – White Flour
- 500 ML – Tepid Water
- 2 teaspoons – Salt
- 14 grams – Active Dry Yeast
- 2 TBSP – Brown Sugar
For the topping:
- Grilled Steak – 175 grams
- Vegetable Oil – 15 ML
- Salt and Pepper – ¼ TSP each
- One small onion – chopped
- Sun-dried tomato pesto – 125 ML
- Arugula leaves – 125 ML
- Canadian Blue Cheese – 90g
- Mix all dry ingredients of the dough in a bowl, and add tepid water. Mix with a wooden spoon, and then knead the mixture with your hands. You can choose to knead it even on a floured surface.
- Leave the dough for around 1 hour. It will start rising after around 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, take the steak and sprinkle it with half the salt and pepper. Grill it on medium, for about 8 minutes, then tent with foil on the cutting board, and let it stand for 5 minutes. Slice it thinly after that.
- Then brush the onion with 1 tsp of oil, and sprinkle the leftover salt and pepper. Add to grill, and close the lid. Grill it for 5 minutes, and turn it once if needed. Chop and keep aside.
- Then roll out the dough on a floured surface, in a 16 x 12 inch rectangle. Transfer to baking tray or pizza peel, and brush with oil. Place inside the grill, with the oiled side down. Grill for 3-6 minutes, till bubbles start forming, and watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Then slide out the pizza peel, flip the base, and cook it for around 1 minute.
- Transfer again to lightly floured pizza peel or inverted baking sheet, and put the heat to medium-low. Spread the pesto, and add onion, steak and blue cheese.
- Put again in the grill, and cook for 3-8 minutes, depending on how the color changes, and how the cheese melts. Again, keep a close watch to avoid from burning.
- Sprinkle arugula on top. Slice up well, and serve hot.